Hey Home Buyers - here's a little bit of advice that might be helpful to know,
if you don't already.
I call these "Must Not's When Buying!"
Getting your offer accepted, while exciting, is not the end of the home buying process -especially if you are getting a loan.
If you’re not careful, that dream home can quickly become a missed opportunity.
Hi, I’m Rebecca Brooks, a broker here in the SF Bay Area, and I am about to share some information that might save you from losing out on your dream home.
Over the years I have seen many Buyers make the same mistakes after they’ve gone into contract, but before their purchase transaction closes escrow.
Remember this advice - once that contract is in place, you want to avoid these 10 things:
1. Don’t change jobs, become self-employed, or quit your job
2. Don’t buy a new car, van or truck - you may end up living in it!
3. Don’t use any charge cards or let your accounts fall behind
4. Don’t spend any money you have set aside for closing
5. Don’t omit any debt or liabilities from your loan application
6. Don’t buy any furniture - even if the payment is deferred until after closing
7. Don’t allow any additional inquiries on your credit except for insurance purposes
8. Don’t make any large deposits
or take out any large withdrawals
without first checking with your lender about how this might affect your preapproval
9. Don’t change bank accounts
10. Don’t co-sign on a loan for anyone, not for a car, not for a house, not for anything
no matter what and be sure to tell your lender if you have already co-signed for anyone because that debt goes against you and needs to be accounted for when getting approved.
I can't stress how important it is to be fully transparent when it comes to discussing your finances and employment situation with your lender. Once you're in contract, don't forget to keep these "Must Not" tips in mind and you will make the underwriting process so much easier!
Give us a call here at Bay Area Local Real Estate, and we will be sure to provide you with all the information you will need to stay safe and rest assured that we can close escrow on your new home.
I'm here and happy to help. Check out our website where we have tons of
other resources for our home buyer clients.